Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What We're Reading

What We're Reading Wednesday

Today I'm sharing two of our favorite Bible-based books.

9 Fruits Alive

 A kid's book about the Fruits of the Spirit (find it here).  My mom found this gem. We adore it. The pictures are bright and adorable. The rhyming is cute. The lessons are great for small children.


Samuel has loved this book for over a year. It's great for littles and I have a feeling it will be adored as he grows into PreK and K.


Bedtime Blessings for Boys

find it on Amazon.com, here

We just started using this book because Samuel had finally tired of his "Dear God" book (mentioned here in a previous blog post). This book is just above Samuel's current level of understanding. So, the hubs and I just paraphrase the devotional part and stick with the book for the questions, verse, application, and prayer.

I thought it was too much for him until the day after our first devotional time with it. On this day, Samuel was naming people he loves. I asked, "Do you love doughnuts?" (doughnuts are the key to his heart, by the way) He replied, "Mommy, I love PEOPLE..."
Our devotional time the night before was about loving PEOPLE even when they aren't very nice. ::shock:: So, it's not too much for him. Evidently, it's just right.
And evidently, God still keeps His promise that His Word won't return void. :) As if I should ever doubt. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment