Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Book Review

Julie Klassen has become a favorite author of mine. I would put her in the same ranks as Francine Rivers (Redeeming Love, Mark of the Lion Trilogy). Both women do remarkable amounts of historical research for each of their books, and both write in such a way that I become attached to each of the characters in their stories. Both are Christian women, and that is evident in their work. Their stories, though not overwhelmed with scriptural monologues, like some Christian fiction, point the reader to God.

Klassen, in The Dancing Master, points the reader to God's unfailing love as a Father. This story is set in the same time period as Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Being an Austen fan, I was quickly caught up in the setting of The Dancing Master. Klassen beautifully illustrates her characters and paints a sweet love story between more than two characters. I found myself missing the characters once I finished reading this book - which was in a matter of a few days. I couldn't put it down!

I was so happy to have received this book for free from Bethany House Publishers for their blogger review program. I am happy to recommend it to anyone - you will not be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment