Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Be My Valentine...on a budget!


 
Happy Valentine's Week!! 
(I mean...look at those two darling boys! My heart is full!)

I LOVE Valentine's Day! It's one of my favorite holidays. My husband will argue with me that "no one can love any holiday more than Christmas," but it's true. Christmas, to moms and wives, (at least to this mom and wife) has become a holiday filled with lists, pressure, travelling, cooking, errands, decorating....STRESS STRESS STRESS. As much as I try to focus our Christmas on Christ, it's still an overwhelming holiday - am I right??

That's why I love Valentine's Day. There's no stress, no expectations, just red, glitter, hearts, candy, and sweet treats. My mom always made Valentine's Day special. I remember coming home from school to an adorable gift basket full of treats, wrapped in red, glittery, heart cellophane. I loved it and I still do! So, my guys receive Valentine's baskets in the same, perfect way my mom did them. Although, I don't think they appreciate the red and glitter like I do. ;)

This year, I made a few Valentines for Samuel to give to his best friends/cousins. I saw one cute idea on Pinterest and combined it with another cute idea from Pinterest...

perfect Valentine's for a little boy!
Who doesn't love these strawberry wafer cookies??

I found the printable for the "Wheelie Like You" tag here. Thankfully, because I didn't want to make it!

Instead of suckers, I combined the cars I found from the Dollar Store with a couple Almond Bark-dipped-and-sprinkled-strawberry-wafers. They turned out adorable and they couldn't have been simpler! I think the entire project cost about $10 - perfect for this mom on a budget ;)

ta-da! The kids loved them!



No comments:

Post a Comment