Sunday, February 23, 2014

Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies (aka - bites of Heaven)

Are you ready to gain 10lbs of cookie sweetness?!? Because if you make these little guys, you just might! I made the mistake of "tasting" a warm cookie after taking them out of the oven...Samuel and I ended up eating more than one warm cookie - they were so amazing!

These guys are not gluten free, clean eating, grain free, paleo, etc...they are GOOD old fashioned sweets! The best things in life to eat are the things like my grandma and mom make - the good stuff we ate - and we turned out just fine! :)

I ran across this recipe on Pinterest (where else?). It popped out to me because it doesn't require any chocolate (to which I am allergic...I know, how do I live??). It uses Reeses Pieces, which I eat to pretend I'm eating chocolate (is that sad??).

Anyway. Here's the recipe. I found it at this cute little blog: InsideBruCrewLife.
I hope you enjoy!

sorry for the poor lighting, I took this right before stuffing my face before going to bed for the night! ;)


Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies

3/4 c butter, softened
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar (I always use dark brown sugar)
2 eggs
1 T honey
1 t vanilla
2 1/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 c chocolate chips
1 c Reeses Pieces
1 c dried banana chips, broken

(I omitted the chocolate and the banana pieces. I've not missed them yet!)

1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until fluffy.
    Add the eggs, vanilla, and honey, and beat again.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips, Reese Pieces, and banana chips (according to the blog, you can    
    substitute anything for these- pretzels, chips, etc...)
5. Drop by tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
6. Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes. (As with any PB cookie, do not overbake! I used 11 min)
7. Cool on pan for 3-4 minutes, then remove to wire rack.

This recipe made about 2 dozen cookies for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment