Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gender Reveal


Our Gender Reveal:

(I purchased ornaments and ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
 The perfectly-sized boxes came from Dollar General. Easy and adorable.)

Boy or Girl? Pink or Blue?


It's a Boy!
Our Story:

I am not one of those women who can wait until the birth of my child to find out whether I'm having a boy or girl. I HAVE to plan. So, when we were presented with the option to find out what we were having at 13 weeks with a blood test, I jumped at the chance! Especially since we were able to find out right before Christmas.

I love showing off my babies (who doesn't?!). So, I was more than eager to announce the gender of this Harner baby in some creative way during Christmas. We celebrated two Christmases: one in-state with my family, and one out-of-state with my in-laws. Because of this, there were some secrets to be kept after we revealed to our first set of family, but no one seemed to mind keeping the secret! ;)

I will admit that I thought for sure I was having a girl. I was convinced. But, just to be safe, I purchased "boy" items as well as "girl" items for our reveal. I was too excited to wait to put together our reveal, that I prepared to assemble the "girl" reveal before we ever received the call from the doctor. I'm glad I didn't! :) :)

My sweet, sweet OB's office staff actually called me on the day the results arrived - one day before we thought we could find out. When they said, "it seems to be a boy," I simply said, "ok!" I had planned to surprise the hubs with the news on our Christmas morning, but he was sitting beside me in the car when I received the call!!! He knew from my reaction that we were having a boy - I was completely shocked. Even though he knew before Christmas, he still melted to see a sweet blue hippo toy hanging in another stocking on our mantle. ;)

I am so in love with the idea of having two little boys, now. I can still be queen of the castle, even if my castle is filling fast with superheroes, balls, trucks, blocks, and smelly boy shoes ;)

1 comment: