Monday, October 7, 2013

Blueberry Casserole

I'm not a cobbler fan. Probably because I've only ever tried Peach Cobbler, and I don't care for baked peaches...I feel like they taste like bad breath (am I the only one??).

My mama (pronounced, "MawMaw" in WV ;) ) made this blueberry cobbler a few weekends ago. I couldn't get enough of it! I made some for my little family and ate most of it. I even contemplated having some for breakfast (it's fruit, right?? and with ice cream on top, it's the same as having milk...).

I would LOVE to keep this as a top-secret family recipe, but it's not our own - it came from a church cookbook (love those!) that my mama picked up at a yard sale, of all places. I'm now a believer in cobbler. Once you taste this, you will be a believer in cobbler for every meal and every snack in between. ;)

Blueberry Casserole

1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
2-3 c blueberries
1/2 c sugar
yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter, melted
1/4 c brown sugar
chopped pecans

1.) Spray 8x10 pan and preheat oven for 350.
2.) Spread pineapple in bottom of pan.
3.) Mix blueberries ad sugar. Spread on top of pineapple.
4.) Sprinkle cake mix on top of blueberries.
5.) Pour melted butter over cake mix.
6.) Sprinkle brown sugar and pecans on top of butter.
7.) Bake for 25 minutes.

Top with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy! Leftovers are great, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment