Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Book Review


This summer, I received a special from Bethany House Publishers: 2 free books in one month!! I couldn't have been more excited. The first book I read, Rebellious Heart, was SO good, the second...not so good. I HATE writing negative reviews just as much as I HATE giving students negative feedback on their writing...but sometimes it MUST be done...

photo from Amazon.com (linked)


I have read Tracie Peterson books in the past. This book is not unlike the others I have read. It has an enlightening historical setting, which seems more interesting than the love story between the two main characters.
I felt this book was too predictable, like her other books. It was a sweet story and a nice lesson on loving others as Christ loves us, but the rest of the story was lacking. The characters did not seem developed enough for me to feel attached to them. I found myself wanting to skip ahead so that I could finish reading it and start reading something else. However, I made myself read every page, in hopes that I would like this book a little more, but in the end, I did not.
I hoped for a twist in the story, but found only the same storyline as her other books: two unlikely characters who were not supposed to fall in love, fall in love; one or both find themselves in perilous danger only to rescued, resulting in a complete change in emotion toward one another.
It has a happy ending, which keeps the book entertaining, but I can't say that the book was entertaining enough to warrent a referral to friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment