Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Best Chicken Noodle Soup...ever.

Happy New Year...Happy Mid-January!

So much has taken over my life lately, that my blogging has fallen to the wayside (speaking of wayside, is it beach season yet?? I'm finished with cold and snow...). We'll catch up on my busy life later... ;)

For now, let's focus on this dreary winter weather and try to find an end to it! If not an end, at least a perk amidst the freezing cold.

My perk tonight was this Chicken Noodle Soup. I cannot even say enough about it. I'm dying over this recipe. I hope my hubs liked it as much as I did because it is now on my rotation of staple recipes. Plus, most of the ingredients were already on hand.

My two year old LOVED this! I scooped some soup out for him, leaving behind the broth (I wanted to avoid a huge mess tonight!) - so he had the veggies, noodles, and chicken. The chicken was his favorite. I love when he shares our meals instead of eating "kid" food - so this is keeper!

This is a Pinterest recipe - I cannot take credit for it. I will just share my new-found love for it.

You can find the recipe here.

A Few Notes:
  • I omitted the white wine and just used an extra cup of chicken broth.
  • I also only used 5 chicken thighs and found it to be PLENTY of chicken.
  • I cooked the chicken for only 7 hours and found it to be perfectly tender. The smell was too tempting to wait another hour to eat, so I was ecstatic to find it done at 7 hours. ;)
  • I would add more than 2 cups of noodles the next time, possibly 2 1/2 - 3.  2 cups didn't seem to be enough with the abundance of chicken.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment