Monday, May 5, 2014

Sweet and Sour Pasta Salad

With warmer weather outside, my appetite focuses on a few southern charms - fresh corn on the cob, fresh green beans, juicy ripe tomatoes, and grilling out. One of my favorite side dishes to go along with these dishes is pasta salad.

This recipe is a family favorite. My mom and mama make it, so I feel really domestic when I make it. ;)

I hope you enjoy!



Sweet and Sour Pasta Salad
(makes 2 servings) .... I normally half this recipe

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 c mayo
1 c sugar
1 c vinegar
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper

prepared pasta
chopped and prepped fresh veggies of your choice

1.) Whisk together the first 6 ingredients
2.) Pour over pasta and veggies - stir and enjoy!

Couldn't be easier! :)

4 comments:

  1. I make this, too! It's my favorite. I try to make it a full day ahead of time and let the flavors all "sink in". How you go wrong with a recipe whose first ingredient is a can of sweetened condensed milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supposed to make a salad for a potluck I'm attending next week! I may try this!! Should I double the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delish!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete