Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day Gift for less than $10

We are on a budget these days, so I try to come up with creative gifts for holidays throughout the year. Father's Day always seems to be the holiday that is the most difficult to shop for - my life is full of men who, "don't need anything." I'm sure you can relate!
The most difficult person to shop for is my Grandpa, Papa (pronounced "PawPaw" around here ;) ). His gifts range from gas gift cards to socks...sometimes, cologne....he always respnds to gifts with a "I don't need anything" comment as he shakes his head and carefully removes bows and paper...love him! :)

I adore my Papa, so I wanted to give him something creative. Samuel ADORES Papa - he calls him "Gramps." Samuel visits Gramps at least once a week - they love each other. Gramps teases, Samuel sasses, all the while, they both smile and Gramps belly laughs at Samuel's orneriness. :) It warms my heart.

So this year, I created this: all for less than $10. A 5x7 mounted photo.


I couldn't be happier with how this turned out! I am ordering one for myself since this brings tears to my eyes! 

While visiting with Gramps and Granny, I had Samuel hold their hands. (What you cannot see is my mom's hands holding Samuel's arms in place - he's a child who likes his freedom ;) ha.) These are Gramps' hands holding onto Samuel's hands.

I edited it in Lightroom and added the text in Photoshop. I uploaded it to Walmart.com and ordered the mounted 5x7 photo. It was ready in a few hours (supposed to be 1 hour, but they were busy with other last-minute Father's Day orders - oops!)

This picture is now the background for my computer. I adore Papa/Gramps. He is such a good man, and I love his love for his great-grandbabies. 

Enjoy the weekend with the great men in your lives! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment