Monday, September 8, 2014

Late Summer Wreath ..... Mommy Monday Edition

August/September.

Too early for jack-o-lanterns and "thankful" decor.

Too late for flip flops and tropical decor.

When school starts, I'm ready for fall decor, fall scents, and fall food. Even if it's 90+ degrees outside, my house smells of Cider Web (a yankee candle favorite) or Cider Mill (a new Scentsy favorite), and I'll make chili on a football Saturday.

I just don't think my orange and green "fall" wreath is appropriate when my summer flowers are still in bloom not completely dead from my neglect.

So, I made this little chick for my front door from an old wreath I found stuffed away in my attic.




It complements my red and yellow mums and ushers in Fall without screaming "Thanksgiving!!!" much too early in the year.

With a wooden letter, paint, and burlap ribbon (I am in LOVE with that ribbon) from Hobby Lobby, I think this wreath was less than $20.

Happy Pumpkin-Everything Season!! :)

1 comment: