Monday, August 26, 2013

A Lazy Girl's Peach Cobbler

I must confess, I have a sweet tooth. Not for candy, but for desserts. My Pinterest dessert board is overloaded with recipes I intend to make....I usually never get around to baking them, but today, I made one!

This recipe is SO easy - I tweeked it a lot and it turned out great!



Peach Cobbler

7-8 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 box of yellow cake mix
1 stick of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
handful of dark brown sugar
sprinkle of cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease a 9x13 dish. Place peaches in prepared dish.
3. Sprinkle with dark brown sugar and cinnamon. Top with cake mix.
4. Place the butter on top of the cake mix.
5. Bake 35-45 minutes or until cake mix is browned.

(if the cake mix seems dry, sprinkle with water and/or stir the cobbler just enough to moistened the dry spots)

(my oven took FOREVER to bake - it was close to an hour - I even put it under the broiler on low for a few minutes to brown the top).

Top with vanilla ice cream and ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment